Update October 2019: Ably is now distributed over 16 data centers and 176+ edge acceleration points. Visit our network page to learn more.
After over two years of intense product development, today we have reached a significant milestone — our beta launch of the global realtime messaging service. We anticipate general availability of the service once we’ve resolved a few final issues and some missing documentation. However, for any potential clients interested in trying out the platform now, for all intents and purposes, the Ably real-time platform is ready for you to use in non-production environments. Sign up now for a free production ready account.
- We are currently operating out of 8 regions and 20 data centres, so expect extremely low latencies and 100% redundancy. See our status website for an overview of our regions and latencies.
- Our support centre is up and running. If you have any questions or need help with testing an integration, get in touch and we’ll get back to you very quickly.
- We have some straightforward examples you can try out in your browser, see the Ably realtime examples on our website
- Our documentation is not up to date, we’re working hard on that now. Our most up to date documentation lives at docs.ably.io and is merged into our website’s stable documentation periodically. Whilst we are in beta, we recommend you look at the documentation at docs.ably.io or contact us for help.
- The website has a lot of placeholder text at present, again we’re furiously working away to fix that.
- Some of our client libraries are slightly behind the specification, so we are bringing all of them inline with our client library 0.8 specification.
If you have any questions or suggestions, we’re all ears. Please do get in touch.