- SSL/TLS encryption available for every customer.
- 256-bit AES encryption available using your private key, meaning no one, even Ably, can read your messages without your private key.
- All REST-based communication is secured by SSL/TLS ensuring server-to-server communication is always secure.
- We can detect and deny invalid connection attempts at the edge of our network ensuring our core infrastructure is unaffected.
- Our near-limitless scale means we can mitigate huge increases in traffic and defend against DDoS attacks - so you benefit from our scale as attacks have no effect on your own servers.
- Low TTLs on DNS routing means we can route real users away from data centres under attack.
- We rate limit requests by account, app, token, key and IP address.
- Token-based authentication, including JWT support, ensures private keys remain private, and compromised tokens have limited value because of their expiration.
- Support for basic authentication over SSL/TLS connections for authentication convenience.
- Security policies can be assigned to authentication tokens when you create them, giving you control and peace of mind at all times.
- Privileges can be assigned to private keys giving you control over any private keys you share with 3rd parties.
- Policies can assign privileges to access any number of channels, and assign subscribe, publish, register presence, or access statistics rights.
- Any usage of personal data is communicated with the proper consent.
- Personal data is properly collected, stored, and documented.
- Relevant processes are followed for transfers of personal data outside the European Union.
- For more information, see our data protection and privacy policies.
EU and US-only data storage
- Control routing of your data streams.
- Store data and realtime messages solely within the EU or US.